VivienneMelissa.COM knows that you care how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly. Your privacy is important to us. We believe that by respecting your privacy we will earn the opportunity to build a lasting relationship with you . Any information you provide to us will only be used for the purpose that it was submitted to register on VivienneMelissa.COM. We collect your information primarily for proof, contact and billing purposes. Under no circumstances will your information be shared with, or sold to, or disclosed to any third party, except where required by law. In order to enhance our ability to provide you with the best services, opportunities, and choices possible, we collect, use, and share certain information about you. This policy explains what information we collect, whom we share it with. The practices described in this policy are applicable to current and former customers and consumers who do business with us. The policy also explains how we protect the security and confidentiality of our customer information. By visiting VivienneMelissa.COM, you are accepting the practices described as below.
The information we collected from customers helps us process the
order which you've made, and for improving your shopping experience at
When you register with our website we need to know your name, e-mail address, correspondence address, contact telephone numbers and payment/credit card details. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. From time to time we may provide your information to our customer service agencies for research and analysis purposes so that we can monitor and improve the services we provide. Such as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our store, and communicating with you.
A cookie is a small short string of data that is sent to your
reference keys to some of your search preferences and other site
preferences so we can provide a more convenient experience during your
next site visit by remembering your email address for you.
We don't store any personal information in the cookie--it's really just a combination of numbers and letters that uniquely identify your computer. We absolutely don't store any credit card or financial data in the cookie. All real account information and transaction histories are kept in our secure database. When you leave our site, we terminate our interaction with the cookie. The cookie stays on your computer, and you can delete it anytime you'd like, but that means that you'd need to login again and re-enter any preferences you have set. Also you can change the settings on your browser to prevent cookies being stored on your computer without your explicit consent.
Information about our customers is an important part of our business,
and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We may use this
information in the following ways:
On the order form, you must provide contact information (such as name, billing address and shipping address) and financial information (such as credit card number and expiration date). We use this information for billing purposes and to fill customer orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we will use this contact information to get in touch with you.
The personal information you provide may be combined with other personally identifiable information (such as demographic information and past purchase information) visiting records and other sources. This information will be used to make our future marketing efforts more efficient.
From time to time we may provide your information to our customer service agencies for research and analysis purposes so that we can monitor and improve the services we provide. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address) and demographic information (such as zip code and age level). Sometimes contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes or used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site. We may share this information with our service providers who perform services such as gathering survey data or facilitating contests on our behalf, but we do not authorize these providers to disclose or use your information for any other purpose.
You can tell when a third party is involved in the offering, and we
share customer information related to those offerings with that
* We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
* Laws and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes.
* With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
* Security is one of the greatest fears when placing online orders
and we as a company have invested in a totally secure and safe site for
you to shop. Once you checkout, we encrypt all your details using
Internet standard encryption technology (SSL).
* We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
* It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
If you wish to verify the details you may do so by contacting us via
the e-mail address with a thorough description, and we will try to
resolve it. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of
identity before we reveal information. This proof of identity will take
the form of your e-mail address and password submitted upon
registration. You must therefore keep this information safe as you will
be responsible for any action which we take in response to a request
from someone using your e-mail and password. We would strongly recommend
that you do not use the browser's password memory function as that
would permit other people using your terminal to access your personal
the conditions of use will change also. We may e-mail periodic
reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us
not to, but you should check our web site frequently to see recent
all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind
the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our
policies and practices to make them less protective of customer
information collected in the past without the consent of affected
Updating Personal Information
If any of the information that you have provided to us changes, for example if you change your e-mail address, name or payment details, please let us know the correct details by sending an e-mail to VivienneMelissa.COM. Or if you no longer desire our service, we will provide a way for you to correct, update or remove your personal data provided to us. This also can be done via email.
Notification of Changes
Additionally, if at any point we decide to use personally identifiable information in a manner different from that stated at the time it was collected, we will notify you by email. At that time, you will have a choice as to whether we use your information in this different manner.